Are you also facing SkyUI Error Code 1 while launching SKSE? But don’t know how to fix SkyUI Error Code 1? Then, no need to worry as we come with the complete guide on How to Fix SkyUI Error Code 1. Apart from this, we will let you know the reasons behind the occurrence of error code 1. Here is everything you should know about SkyUI Error Code 1.
What is SkyUI Error Code 1
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, is the fifth part of the Elder Scroll series and was developed by Bethesda Game Studio and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is an action type of game that allows the players to customize or modify the game with the modding tool called SKSE. This tool is used by Skyrim players in order to expand scripting capabilities and at the same time add functionality to the game.
But sometimes an error message is displayed on the screen showing “SkyUI Error Code 1”. It is basically a kind of error that occurs when the Skyrim Player installed Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) and looking to launch it. Most of the Skyrim Players come across with SkyUI Error Code 1.
Reasons: SkyUI Error Code 1
SKSE adds mods and provides more functionality to the game. There can be some troublesome factors that restrict the players to launch the SkyUI mod installer in your system and a message displaying “SkyUI Error Code 1” comes on the screen. SkyUI Error Code 1 can occur due to multiple reasons. Below is the list of possible reasons for the occurrence of SkyUI Error Code 1.
|Reasons for SkyUI Error Code 1|
|1. SKSE64 Misconfigured|
|2. Games Files at Wrong Location|
|3. Incorrect Installation|
If some mod manager settings are misconfigured in your system then you might observe an SKYUI Error Code 1 on your system. So it is highly recommended to configure all the mod manager setting properly to avoid error code 1.
Games Files at Wrong Location
If the game is installed at the wrong location then there is a possibility that SkyUI Error Code 1 occur. It is suggested that if you are looking to install the game then install it on the root directory of your system and avoid any other directory for game installation otherwise you might get an error code 1.
If SKSE is not properly installed then it is very much possible it shows a SkyUI Error Code 1. Installation of SKSE is a very specific-oriented action and it is very important to follow each step while installing it. Skipping even a single step leads to an error code1. So make sure to install SKSE correctly.
How to Fix SkyUI Error Code 1
As you above see, SkyUI Error Code 1 occurs on your system due to various reasons whether it is due to incorrect installation or misconfiguration of the mod setting or any other reason. But it is important to look for its solution. Below there are some ultimate fixes to avoid SkyUI Error Code 1. Follow each and every step of each fix, and get rid of this problem.
|How to Fix SkyUI Error Code 1|
|Fix 1. Run SKSE64 as an Administrator|
|Fix 2. New Skyrim folder location|
|Fix 3. SKSE Manual Installation|
|Fix 4. Change Mod Manager Settings|
|Fix 5. Check Windows Update|
Run SKSE64 as an Administrator
The SKSE tool needs administrator access in your system in order to install and launch without any error on your system. Further, to run properly on your system, It requires elevation as it runs on top of both Skyrim and Steam applications. This means, it simply requires higher access than a normal application to run. So it should be run as an administrator on your system. Follow the steps to run it as administrator;
- First, locate the game directory in the SKSE folder, then right-click on it and select properties.
- Now select on the compatibility tab and then check the option “Run this program as an administrator”
- Then click Apply and ok and run the application.
New Skyrim folder location
One thing you can do to avoid SkyUI error code 1 is to make a new Skyrim folder location. Follow the steps in order to make a new Skyrim folder location:
- If you already installed the game, then the game folder is present in Local Disk C:\.
- If you haven’t installed then create a new folder with the game name and move the Skyrim folder into this new folder.
- In this way, steam files are not detected by steam. Now launch steam
- Now go to the game directory and right-click on Skyrim game and select properties.
- Then go to the local files tab and press on the browse option. It will take you to the new SKSE folder.
- Now launch SKSE.
SKSE Manual Installation
You can manually install SKSE if you are not using the mod manager in your system. Follow the given steps for manual installation of SKSE :
- First, go to the official website and download SKSE from there.
- Now open the folder with the name SKSE64_2_00_17 where you will get two folders and three files.
- Now you need to copy these files and folders and paste them into the Skyrim Special Edition folder of the game’s directory.
- Search for the “Scripts” folder in the “SKSE64_2_00_17” folder and select all “.PEX” files in it.
- Now copy these files and paste them into the “Scripts” folder.
- Right-click on the .exe file, select it to send it to the desktop where you can launch it easily and quickly.
Change Mod Manager Settings
If the Mod manager setting is not correct then you may face SKYUI Error Code 1 on your system. So you need to configure the mod manager setting properly. Configure proper mod manager setting by following the steps:
- Go to the mod manager as an administrator and click on the setting option.
- Select the General tab, and check all options in the Association section.
- Now click OK and launch Skyrim through SKSE.
Check Windows Update
If you tried the above mention method but still getting SkyUI Error Code 1 then you must check for windows updates. If your system window is not updated, kindly make sure to update it to solve SkyUI Error Code 1.
So this is all about SkyUI Error Code 1. We hope you got the reason as well as the solutions of it. If you like this article on SkyUI Error Code 1 then share it with your friend, who is facing this error, and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more guides.